Dress (worn as a skirt) : Macys | Tshirt : Target | Leather Jacket : Michael Kors (no longer available), Similar, Similar | Shoes : Sole Society | Bag : Target (no longer available), Similar, Similar | Sunglasses : Nordstrom | Necklace : Old Navy (old), Similar
Photos by Sylvianna of Lipsticks & Lattes
I actually did it! After three and a half years I parted ways and rebranded To The Altar & After.
Welcome to my new and much improved blog, Carrie Meets Martha!
Carrie Meets Martha of course refers to my two idols Miss Carrie Bradshaw of Sex and the City, and the Queen herself, Martha Stewart. For the longest time my friends would joke that my pension for unique fashion and passion for shoes was an interesting mix with my love for all things domestic like experimenting in the kitchen (Carrie Bradshaw kept sweaters in her oven). If my girlfriends needed to know where to the find the perfect faux fur jacket, I had their back. Oddly enough, I was also their go-to for the perfect recipe to impress their boyfriend’s parents. So this new name just better reflects my authentic self and the content I want to share.
When I originally started this blog I was newly engaged. My plan was to share my wedding panning ramblings and diy projects for our big day. Fast forward to today! I’m a married women living the wonderful life that my husband and I have designed for ourselves. I’ve learned so much about myself and my own personal style since starting this blog. I’ve also learned a ton about being a wife, homemaker, and hostess. I already share so much of that on here, but there was a disconnect because To The Altar & After doesn’t sound like the site you should be heading to to read about the hottest boot trends for fall! So I knew it was time for a change.
I want to Carrie Meets Martha to be the place where women can come together. A place where our love for living our best lives is celebrated freely! Many things still the same. However, on the homepage you’ll notice the content categories are a little different so here’s how they’re broken down:
- Living: Under living you search home decor, recipes, relationships, cleaning & organizing, and gifting – all things for living well
- Wearing: Anything style or fashion related. Expect ootd/ootn, shopping round-ups, closet edits, trend talk
- Pampering: This category is broken down by skin, hair, makeup, and health & wellness – all the content you need to look and feel like the best version of yourself
- Traveling: From trips to other countries to my favorites, weekend getaways, this category covers my trip itineraries, hotel reviews, travel tips, and packing guides
- Shopping: Here you can shop all the looks that I share on my Instagram in one easy simple place
- If you want to search anything on the site click the little magnifying glass to the far left in the main menu
I hope you all are just as excited about this new chapter as I am! I look forward to creating new content, stepping up the site’s look and photography, and spending more time working on all the boring backend stuff that helps this blog grow and reach more amazing women!
As always, if you have any suggestions for content please send them my way via email, email@example.com. Lastly, head over to my Instagram (@laurienttoal) later today for a little launch day surprise!