I’m a list maker by nature – it’s what I do! I will seriously look for any reason to sit and make a list, so when I came across this mega list on Katey McFarlane’s blog Chronicles of Frivolity, I was stoked to give it a try. The rules of this challenge are simple, just try and complete all 101 tasks in the next 1001 days! Easy, right?! I’m actually really excited to start crossing things off the list and finally experience some new things. I will link this post as a page to the blog above so you can check back and see my progress over the next 1001 days. As I go I’ll be crossing them off and adding the date of when I completed them. I hope that by taking on this challenge I will inspire you to do the same in your life. Now let’s get this party started!
Start Date: June 18, 2015
Finish Date: March 15, 2018
1. Marry the love of my life – Mike of course!!! 10/2/2015 2. Finish our premarital e-course. 9/30/2015 3. Finish all of our wedding planning tasks. 9/30/2015
4. Find a new church.
5. Keep a list of 3 things I’m thankful for daily for a month.
6. Send our wedding thank you cards less than 6 months after the wedding. 3/28/16 7. Frame our wedding photos. 5/2/2016 8. Change my last name to my married name on all documents. May 2016 9. Read 3 new books.
- At Home With Cupcakes & Cashmere
- Homemakers by Brit Morin
- The Year of Cozy
10. Get a wedding tattoo with Mike.
11. Print out all my favorite photos of family and friends.
12. Make friends with another couple. 12/18/2015 13. Have a romantic date at home. 3/19/2016 (pillow fort movie night) 14. Donate money to help animal rescue. 7/29/2017
15. Start a small side business.
16. Buy myself an investment bag. 4/2016
17. Eliminate white carbs from my diet for one week. Completed Whole30 Feb. 2017
18. Get back into running.
19. Lose 10 lbs. After completion of Whole30 Feb. 2017
20. Buy our first home. 8/31/2015 21. Make the laundry room/closet a pretty/functional space. 2/20/2016 22. Fully decorate our new home. 23. Send out first ever Christmas card. 12/10/2015
24. Buy gold flatware.
25. Have a painting/drawing of Brody & Mia made.
26. Invest in a large dutch oven. gifted to me 8/23/2015 27. Makeover master bathroom. 12/5/2015 28. Renovate our kitchen (we don’t even have a kitchen yet, but I know once we do-I’ll hate it). 11/21/2015 29. build an outdoor patio space. 5/22/2016
30. Host a brunch. 3/6/2016 31. Host a BBQ for friends. August 2016
32. Host a wine pairing party.
33. Host a holiday. Thanksgiving 2015
34. Host a game night.
35. Host a friend for a little Bachelor or Bachelorette viewing party.
36. Make coffee in a French press. 5/7/2017
37. Learn how to make 5 new fancy cocktails.
38. Learn how to make my Grandmother’s rice recipe.
39. Visit 3 Diners, Drive-ins, and Dive locations.
40. Eat at While We Were Young in NYC.
41. Learn how to make my own pasta sauce from scratch. 2/1/2016 Sunday Meat Sauce Recipe 42. Try a different wine under $15 every weekend for a month. March 2016
43. Make the perfect guacamole.
44. Bake a doughnut recipe. 10/31/2015
45. Try 10 new restaurants in the area of our new home.
- Nunzio’s Kitchen
- Happy Garden
- Lam’s New Garden (our new Chinese spot)
- Gusto Grill
46. Learn how to bake sugar cookies with royal icing.
47. Take a wine and paint class.
48. Go on a beer tasting with Mike.
49. Go to the Bronx Zoo.
50. Go on a winery tour and tasting. 9/19/2015 51. Visit the Museum of Natural History with Mike. 1/9/2016
52. Take a hike.
53. Go on a picnic. 7/2/2016 54. Go to a food festival. 5/2017
55. Go kayaking or canoeing on the lake.
56. Hit golfballs at the driving range.
57. Go to a Yankee v. Red Socks game. 7/16/16
58. See a new Broadway play.
59. Spend a weekend with my nephew. 7/22/2017 60. See 4 new movies in the theaters.
- Jungle Book – 4/21/16
- Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them – 11/25/2016
- Hidden Figures – 1/22/17
- Despicable Me 3 (with my nephew) – 7/22/2017
61. Go on a honeymoon. 10/14/2015 62. Have a staycation. 2/18/2017 Molly Pitcher Inn 63. Take a weekend trip to Washington DC. 7/29/2016 – 7/31/2016
64. Take a trip to Miami.
65. Take a girls weekend trip. Bachelorette Weekend 9/18/15 – 9/20/15
66. Vaca in New Orleans.
67. Go camping.
68. Spend the day exploring Philadelphia. 8/2/2015
69. Take a mini trip with my Mom.
70. Go on a winter weekend getaway. Poconos, PA 12/2016
71. Learn how to coupon.
72. Put together a household budget. 2016 – monthly
73. Save $10 for every goal completed.
74. Get To The Altar + After back on a routine schedule. Monday & Thursday posting
75. Post to Twitter daily for a month.
76. Start a new blog series about home reno/diy/decor. 12/3/2015
77. Learn more about SEO and growing a blog’s readership.
78. Photograph our home’s “before” and share it on the blog. 9/21/2015
79. Do a giveaway on the blog.
80. Attend a blogging seminar/event.
81. Make a blogging friend. 7/2017 82. Create a new 30 day relationship challenge post for the blog. 4/4/2016 See the *NEW* 30 Day Relationship Challenge 83. Invest in business cards for the blog. 1/29/2016
84. Blog 3 new DIY projects
85. Organize my Pinterest recipes into more specific boards. 7/29/2015 86. Organize my closet by style and color. read the post – 3/2017 88. Organize every room in our home. 4/2017
89. Make the bed every morning for a month – I’m the worst at remembering to make the bed y’all.
90. Set up separate email addresses for my personal, shopping, and blog emails. 6/22/2015 91. Deep clean and organize my car/trunk. 8/14/15
92. Keep an address book of all family and friends.
93. Scrapbook my engagement with Mike – from “yes” to “I do” and all the wedding events in between.
94. Make DIY wall art for the new house.
95. Paint my wine rack. 11/21/2015
96. Make Mike an “I love you because…” book.
97. Create a stockpile of greeting cards for birthdays, sympathy, showers, etc. to have on hand for emergencies.
98. Subscribe to 3 of my favorite magazines. 9/27/15 Good Housekeeping, Food Network Magazine, & HGTV Magazine 99. Send a gift in the mail. 12/22/2015 100. Binge watch an entire TV series available on Netflix with Mike. 3/11/2016 – New Girl 101. Inspire someone else to make a list (if that’s you leave me a comment so I can cross it off!) 6/19/15 – Kelsey of Modern Martha